Trying to kick the stimulants? Does jacking your heart rate up not appeal to you? Maybe caffeine rocks your belly too much? Want to drink Kombucha, even in the evenings, without worrying about being held hostage by an upper?
This Brew’s for You.
Such a simple substitution. Such a dramatic impact.
So, the plan:
Use hibiscus tea instead of black or green!
Hibiscus is the only herbal tea that will promote the growth of the kombucha bacteria and yeast. It doesn’t have any oils that prevent this growth, and, is caffeine free, unlike the traditional black and green tea usually used.
So follow the steps in the my traditional kombucha recipe, or get the gist below:
- Boil 8 cups of water.
- Dissolve 1 cup of sugar in hot water.
- Steep eight hibiscus tea bags (or the equivalent in loose leaf) for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and pour brew into glass jar. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add in SCOBY and approximately 1 cup of previously brewed Booch (to eliminate ALL caffeine, use previously brewed hibiscus kombucha and a SCOBY made in hibiscus tea).
- Let set for 7-30 days or until the kombucha brew reaches a level of acidity that is pleasing to you.
- Drink for gut health and happiness.